Sat, Dec 03|
Grand Master Tran’s Martial Arts Academy
Self Defense Class for Teen Girls
In this free class geared for teen girls and young women, we will cover verbal and physical self-defense tactics, including de-escalation.
Time & Location
Dec 03, 2022, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Grand Master Tran’s Martial Arts Academy, 4973 E Dublin Granville Rd, Westerville, OH 43081, USA
About the Event
WBC's Teen Connection is happy to partner with Grand Master Tran's Martial Arts Academy to bring NAHS Senior Lilly Wilson's NHS Project together - a free Self Defense Classes for High School Girls & Young Women.
In this class geared for teen girls, we will cover verbal and physical self-defense tactics, including de-escalation.
You will learn how to defend yourself against verbal and physical attacks.
In this special seminar geared for teen girls, we will cover verbal and physical self-defense tactics, including de-escalation. We will teach you how to defend yourself against verbal and physical attacks using pads, kick bags, our rubber dummy B.O.B., and also on real human bodies (blackbelt ranking martial artists).
Here are just a few things we teach in this special seminar:
- The 4 “A’s” of self defense: Attitude, Awareness, Assessment of a situation, Action.
- How and why women are attacked including vulnerable areas of a woman’s lifestyle.
- What assailants look for in their victims – date, acquaintance, and stranger assaults.
- Where to strike and how to strike
- How to stop frontal attacks and attacks from behind, and ground defense.
- Verbal defense, dealing with mean girls and bully prevention; and
- Many practical counter measures against various attacking situations."
You must be age 14 to attend.
Anyone under 18 will be sent a liability waiver needing to be signed by parents in order to participate in the class.